Top Menu

Monday, October 17, 2011

Reality Day

It is another day in the life but on this lovely fall morning it - is - another reality day.  We all have them now and then.  Some of us more than others.  The homeless, the hungry and poor, the mentally ill, addicts....those imprisoned.  For these and many others, reality hits them in the face every day and is new every morning...like the mercies of God.  In our prosperous, carefree country some never see a reality day until they attend their first funeral,  hold their first newborn baby, or maybe, read the parts of the news they like to avoid.

On this crisp and colorful day, I realize early that I am having my own new reality day.  Part of my new reality is fabulously fabulous and mind-blowingly-wonderful.  The other is horribly horrible and mind-numbingly-devastating.  A "pow" moment, to be sure.. (right in the kisser, my dear dad would say) to awaken to a changed world.  And in my case,  as a emotional- MDD- sufferer-clawing out of the dark place,  the fabulously fabulous things are gifts for kings (((she is humbled))) but the sorrowful and devastating events in my world are also loving touches of Almighty God (and a gift shared with the Queen).  What would appear to be a real cause for "derailment" for one such as I (how-to-claw-out with such diverse emotions pummeling my poor brain?) is easy to embrace because (((God is whispering))).   I have learned too many times the incomprehensible truth which lies inside of our "yes" to God:  when embraced it becomes as the sweetest honey for the soul.


New reality - new "yes" ... repaying love for Love with the help of God's grace.

Thanks,  Lisa, for sending the music which heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment