Top Menu

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Inner Child



I purchased all the "inner child" books years ago.  I tried to "do the work".  I decided way back then that
"it" was a load-of-crap...as they say. (((See above cartoon and tell ME if you get it.)))  I began to change my closed mind sometime during the last nine months or so.  Just the other day it hit me like the proverbial wet dish-rag.  (((is that a mid-west saying?)))  I refuse to name books or rant about the crap (sorry) therein.  Instead the little positive mental-bio-feedback I am discovering is what I'll give space to in my brain.

Acknowledging that you have an "inner child" takes some humility, I have found.  I have only mentioned the topic to one person who didn't mock the idea and shut down the conversation.  I didn't mind, of course, because I'd rather not go there anyway.  I shut this convo down in my own head whenever it pops in.  But when someone I know recently said that the "child in me" was showing, I entered complete panic-mode.  Could it be that not only do I have an inner child whom I must "deal with", but (((horror of horrors))) someone else may even see this child?  Well, I have vowed not to cuss and swear while ranting here so let me say:  damn.

The "inner child checklist" is a real blast, you may get an idea here -have fun.


It will take me days, I predict, before I think too much about my inner child.  Now time must be taken, instead, to make sure this inner child revealer is silenced and the elusive "inner child" is tucked away somewhere, or given a halloween costume.  Something must be done.  I just don't know what yet.  I do know, for me, the work won't look like the cute cartoon above.  It will probably look more like this:


You understand my hesitation to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment