Top Menu

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Facing the Strain

I hate it when I perceive the mind/brain spiral down.  It is really like going down Alice's rabbit hole...down, down, down. And, it's gets cooler and damper and darker the further down you go. I am reading my crazy friends' blogs every day now and I feel so much better, because everyone is going through the same journey...I am not the only one with brain matter oozing out of my ears.  We all say the same thing:

"I don't blame my mental illness on (fill in the blank) but as I've come to learn..."

And then our loved ones respond, typically,  in one of a few ways:

1.)  "Oh good, you are better."
2.)  "Oh crap, what do I have to learn/do/put up with/say now?"
3.)  "Wait! Don't change! Go back to being the one I know.
                                                           
I have yet to investigate how all my crazy friends thought patterns move after hearing these responses.  Whether physically or spiritually, my head is usually in my hands.  The "thought-pattern" usually does it's negative spiral-down, and I obsess over how to make this loved one...understand.  I obsess over why I am spiraling down. Then  I often think about why it is so important to be understood...as a crazy human walking the earth (?).  Perhaps we should just be content with all the changes, and misunderstandings,  face them, and act as if...nothing is amiss.  Maybe not caring anymore if anyone on the earth understands this poor mind is the key.  I am thinking that this new idea I have heard about may be good:  stop looking...back.  Novel ideas and sarcasm....may work.




No comments:

Post a Comment