Top Menu

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hot Cocoa in August

Sometimes the goal is just get that momentary piece of comfort.  Peace.  Even the physical feeling of "well-being".  Sometimes I even reach my goal but it is unlikely of my own doing.  That is except in the case of hot cocoa.  One day last winter I decided my hot cocoa moments were very soothing and pleasant.  I decided to keep stocked, with a close eye on the supply, as I had once done with vodka.  I heard long ago that studies showed smokers suffered from Alzheimer's less often than non-smokers.  I decided this was because of the always-alert mentality which causes one to keep track of where one's cigarettes are and when supplies will run out. Keepin' it sharp!  So it is summer-time now and I am still getting my comfort from hot cocoa, and keepin' a close eye on it, too.

As I write this I am thinking it all may just be in my head (i often think this about many topics).  Aha!  So this is my position of comfort:  hot cocoa beside me, cool bay breeze,  cicadas chirping in unending harmonies and echoes, ducks swimming smoothly past my balcony, kayakery happenin' on de Back Creek, and I hear the hootin' and a hollerin' from the Naval Academy boys and girls PT time echo across the bay.  In the background I hear Sirius Radio's 70's singing.   I feel peaceful, comfortable and even have a physical sense of well-being.  (Wow, I am thinking, the goal is reached.)  Even sophomoric monkey wrenches in the back of my mind from last night are completely calmed.  It is a fine Saturday morning, indeed.

I have not completely lost my mind (((!))) thinking that I have the magic hot cocoa, or the cure for the blues (I already know the cure:  i could puke myself to death like dear Karen Carpenter)(for example),  or have crossed over into happyville, or anything.  But, POOF!  It has come....to me....... peace, calm...

And then, just as quickly all is lost, as the husband is calling from parking lot wanting to be let in...












No comments:

Post a Comment