Top Menu

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Taking Control is Allowed?

I really don't like satan's box much less its keyboard.  I learned how to type in 1974 on a manual typewriter. We learned and practiced our exercises to music.  The old lady teacher was WayCool.  I was stoned at every class and can still type 92 words-per-TheMinute (no errors).  I am full of errors on this keyboard, both typo and idiocy-o errors.  Lately I have shed tears on my keyboard...I just don't like it.  I recently asked someone over at Facebookville how to make the sign of the cross (+) to look like his (which I cannot demonstrate here).  After a few tries (((control, alt, zero, one, three...control alt))) and seeing a few show-offs successfully post the said cross, it was determined that I was impotent because I was a Mac.  Sigh.

As usual, I took control of the most recent failure and accepted with joy my little plus sign.  Along the way, since accepting the "disorder", I have played my own little musical exercises.  I play music as loud as my apartment neighbors will tolerate, and ponder the ways I may control my thoughts, ideas, words, and sprialdowns.  Sometimes it works.  What hurts is when you are in success-mode and are feeling fine, then suddenly (and it seems out of nowhere) the very loved ones who wish you well and are pleased to see you out and about, demand (or make you feel like it's a demand) that you raise your own bar up a notch?  You know...you've taken a walk, now let's start jogging.  I am lucky to make it to just that place under the normal line,  the jogging may never happen in my world, again.  (((was skater not jogger anyway)  

This is where the sweet and beautiful control factor comes in and thanks to many folks who are wiser than I, I have learned that I am allowed to define my own crazy, take control of my "peaceful world", and press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 3:14)

3 comments:

  1. WebMD Health News

    Oct. 4, 2005 - More than one in 20 Americans has experienced major depression in the last 12 months and more than one in 10 has experienced the mental illness at some point in life, according to a new national survey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how bizarre when WebMD anonymously comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetheart, (who is a far slower typist than you, and lots of mistakes...) you are MORE than "allowed" to take control of your "peaceful world"... and those of us who love you.... love you more for it. Keep the Faith Sweetheart. God loves you and so do I... your friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete