Top Menu

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Facebook Apostolate


What a waste of time.
Do you ever talk to real people?
Ridiculous.
Do you realize the privacy issues?
You should get out of the house more.
I can't believe the people you accept as friends.
You could be doing so much more.


I hate writing this blog.  I hate Facebook (((love/hate issue))) and I hate that I care about what people think of my little "Facebook Apostolate".  I hate the debates there, the ugliness, the name-calling, the insults, the threats, the stalkers/spammers/lurkers/over-sexedyoung'uns. Today I'm just.... hatin....i guess.

I almost forgot the most important complaint:

I don't like all the suicide crap.


So, instead of ranting about Everything else, I am actually going to address the suicidal Facebook friend.

He told me the first time that he had suicidal thoughts...too.
He said he felt lonely.  All. Alone.
Later he told me he had tried to commit suicide.  A few times.
Then She told me her brother jumped from the very bridge I had mentioned
wanting to jump from...
She thanked me for posting the Suicide Hotline Number
every Friday and Saturday night.
with a suicide song.
He came back into my Facebook world some time later
very foul and angry.
Now, somehow (((we know how)))
the young "child" He
is her very dear friend.

So, don't cry for me, Argentina.  It is not me, at the moment, who is the cause of my suicidal concern.  "They" who cause the tears to still flow and the prayers to come and leave in constant succession (((and who "cause" the "crazy" posts and blogs))), are a part of my heart. "They" cannot be banished be there Facebook or not.  As there is a reason and a good which comes from suffering, that good often includes dwelling with those who suffer and are grieving.  

Somehow I found myself suffering with those who suffer on Facebook.  So in keeping with the bizarreness of it all, I give you the lovely and controversial Sinead.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment